Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The History of Our People


This is where we come from. These people led us to know. So why aren't we appreciate them now especially when it's our month. We didn't go through war, triumph, tribulations, struggle, and fighting for our freedom just so that February can just be another month. Kids forget that this is black history month. You know why they do? Because our school systems and parents don't do anything to celebrate it. I do feel bad because I wished that I could ask my family to do something to at least honor this month. Especially being a African American child and being a person of color. These people you see in the picture did everything we could to where we are now. Now I know it's late in the month to write this or to be doing what I'm about to say but I feel I have to because I admire what these people did and why we have this month. So everyday for the rest of the month I will post someone new that we need to celebrate for Black History Month. I'm doing this because I care about this. I always have and I always will. These stories I have heard about these people over many years of my life are so amazing. Which makes me more upset that I'm speaking up now. For every black person reading this especially we need to take this month seriously because we have gone through to much for this month to be wasted and for this just to be like any other month. That kind of upsets me to be honest with you people. But take what I'm saying into consideration and really think. See how you feel afterward.     

No comments:

Post a Comment